God is calling us to be a people marked by his name. Our passion is to walk in Holiness (1 Peter 1:16) We are to be holy as He is holy!!
Many people have a wrong view of holiness. We think of holiness as morality, or not going to the movies, or wearing skirts to your ankles. But:
- Holiness means we are set apart.
You can be holy and not be weird. That’s not what He’s talking about when he says set apart He doesn’t mean you have to not be able to carry on a conversation with people. We aren’t set apart because of what we do. We’re set apart because God set us apart.
Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.
We’re set apart because God loved us and CHOSE us IN CHRIST. To be holy and without fault IN HIS EYES.
Our holiness is based on how GOD sees us. And when we see ourselves as God sees us our actions, words, and thoughts will begin to reflect how God already sees us.
As we walk closer with God, spend time in His presence, and begin to listen to what He says about us. Then we will begin to look more and more like Him. There will be FRUIT, evidence:
- Joy– in the presence of God is fullness of Joy (Psalm 16:11)
- Peace– letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. (Romans 8:6)
- Love– God is love (1 John 4:15) John 13:35 says we will be known as His disciples by the way we love others.
- Light– In Christ we are made the light of the world (Matthew 5:14)
- Hope– God is the source of hope, and we will overflow with confident hope through the Holy Spirit (Romans 15:13)
- Healing– He’s the one who heals our sickness, our spirit, our souls, and our bodies (Isaiah 53:5)
- Fruits of the Spirit– God’s presence in our lives will produce fruit (Galatians 5:22)
If we are marked with his name we should walk in a victorious manner because God is our Good Father. Pray that we carry His name well and be the representatives of the kingdom of God that he has called us to be….When we do we live out purpose, satisfaction, destiny and it will be obvious that we carry the Mark of God which will be His character.
Desperation Church, Lead Pastor
Cultivate Church, Overseer