The End of the World (As We Know It)
The world seems to be falling apart around us & and everyone is handling it differently. It doesn’t matter what side of the theological or political spectrum you fall on, there has been a noticeably negative shift in people, morality, freedoms being restricted, sickness, depression, anxiety, etc. The question is, how should we interpret these things & respond? Here are a few thoughts with a biblical perspective.
1) God is not surprised by anything & nothing is out of his control. The world & its rulers are moving further away from God & with hostility. This is increasingly more evident with every passing year, administration & decade. But God is aware & has a plan. (Matt 24,Isa 11, Rev 21-22, etc). Pray for our country & those who lead, but put your trust in God alone.Ps 2:1 Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain? …
2) There is much worry in today’s world and many cannot shake the anxiety & depression that haunts them. However, Jesus tells us that God will provide what we need. Mat 6:25 Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink….
3) There is no greater comfort than knowing that we have salvation in Jesus Christ. God put eternity in our hearts & as christians it is our free gift for believing & trusting in Jesus. Jn 16:33 … In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
4) The troubles of this world generally lead to a great harvest. When times are hard & the world seems hopeless, many are running from God, but there are also many who are ready to turn to Him. As Christians, we need to preach the good news through our words & actions every day in this dark world. Mat 9:37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few;
5) Be a light to those closest to you, pray for them, pray with them and know that God is in control no matter the circumstances. (Matt 5:14) The trouble of this world is just a small link in an infinite chain or time for those who believe in Jesus & have eternity in their heart. God’s will be done, Amen